Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER) place duties on people and companies, who own, operate or have control over lifting equipment. This includes all businesses and organisations whose employees use lifting equipment, whether owned by them or not. All lifting operations involving lifting equipment must be properly planned by a competent person, appropriately supervised and carried out in a safe manner.
LOLER also requires that all equipment used for lifting is fit for purpose, appropriate for the task, suitably marked and, in many cases, subject to statutory periodic ‘thorough examination’. Records must be kept of all thorough examinations and any defects found must be reported to both the person responsible for the equipment and the relevant enforcing authority.
The Regulations aim to reduce risks to people’s health and safety from lifting equipment provided for use at work.
What can APEX Medical offer?
- 6 Monthly LOLER testing by competent Engineers.
- Full Management Reports, Tailor made to suit your requirements
- Monthly/Bimonthly/Quarterly meetings – to suit you.
- Pricing plan around LOLER testing
- LOLER tests can be performed on an Ad-Hoc or on a contractual basis