The Pro-care 4 is an advanced multi-functional high to very high risk full replacement dynamic system that provides a highly effective solution to the prevention and management of pressure ulcers within any care environment.
The system delivers alternating therapy to alleviate and avoid long term pressure, with a static feature providing the option of constant low pressure therapy and the Heel Relief providing zero pressure for the patient’s heel.
The Pro-care 4 also offers innovative features such as seat inflation and max firm, with a lock out feature and both audible and visual alarms to reducethe risk of human error.
- Static Mode: Equalises the pressure across the entire mattress to two thirds of its capacity, providing constant low pressure therapy to allow greater immersion into the mattress surface and provide optimum pressure redistribution. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes.
- Alternating Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells to mimic natural sleep movement patterns and relieve pressure away from vulnerable areas, whilst also stimulating blood circulation.
- Heel Section: One or more of the bottom five cells can be deflated under the patient’s heel to create a void, which will enable the heel to “float” so that there is no pressure in contact with the heel area (EPUAP, 2009).
- Step Down Feature: An adjustable cycle time allows clinicians to customise the therapy delivered to the patient, thus supporting the step down process.
- Seat Inflation Mode: Increases the pressure equally across the entire mattress by 5mmHg to deliver optimum support on sacrum area when in the Fowler position (sitting up), reducing the risk of “bottoming out”.
- Max Firm Mode: Increases the pressure of the mattress to its full capacity, to provide a stable and firmer surface during repositioning, patient transfer and nursing procedures. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes.
- Panel Lock: Decreases the risk of people tampering with the pump’s settings.
- Micro Low Air Loss: Wicks moisture away to help reduce humidity and helps maintain the patient’s skin at ambient temperature.
- Antimicrobial Filter: Supplies an additional layer of protection, with antimicrobial agents killing harmful bacteria, reducing the risk of cross contamination between patients.
- Cable Management: Channels the power lead down the side of the mattress bringing an end to trailing cables, decreasing the risk of damage and tripping.
- Multiple Alarms: Provides a visual and audible warning when the system loses air pressure, experiences power failure or requires a repair, decreasing the risk of a prolonged loss in adequate alternating therapy.
- 2 Way Stretch Vapour Permeable Cover: Reduces patient shear and friction, in addition to providing an easy to clean and waterproof layer of protection.