The Pro-care 3 is a high quality digital dynamic pressure relieving mattress, designed for the prevention and treatment of patients at a medium to high risk of developing pressure ulcers in a nursing or care home environment. This product benefits from the flexibility of being either an overlay or a full replacement with the addition of a 3 inch foam underlay.
The Pro-care 3 has an adjustable cycle time to facilitate the step down process and has four optional therapy modes to choose from including a static feature to provide constant low pressure therapy, alternating therapy, seat inflation and max firm mode.
- Static Mode: Equalises the pressure across the entire mattress to two thirds of its capacity,providing constant low pressure therapy to allow greater immersion into the mattress surface and provide optimum pressure redistribution. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes.
- Alternating Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells to mimic natural sleep movement patterns and relieve pressure away from vulnerable areas, whilst also stimulating blood circulation.
- Seat Inflation Mode: Increases the pressure equally across the entire mattress by 5mmHg to deliver optimum support on sacrum area when in the Fowler position (sitting up), reducing the risk of “bottoming out”.
- Max Firm Mode: Increases the pressure of the mattress to its full capacity, to provide a stable and firmer surface during repositioning, patient transfer and nursing procedures. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes.
- Panel Lock: Decreases the risk of people tampering with the pump’s settings.
- Micro Low Air Loss: Wicks moisture away to help reduce humidity and helps maintain the patient’s skin at ambient temperature.
- Antimicrobial Filter: Supplies an additional layer of protection, with antimicrobial agents killing harmful bacteria, reducing the risk of cross contamination between patients.
- Optional Integrated Foam Layer: Delivers a pressure redistributing layer in the event of a power failure and transforms the system into a full replacement mattress.
- Cable Management: Channels the power lead down the side of the mattress bringing an end to trailing cables, decreasing the risk of damage and tripping.
- Multiple Alarms: Provides a visual and audible warning when the system loses air pressure, experiences power failure or requires a repair, decreasing the risk of a prolonged loss in adequate alternating therapy.
- 2 Way Stretch Vapour Permeable Cover: Reduces patient shear and friction, in addition to providing an easy to clean waterproof layer of protection to reduce the chance of the foam being contaminated and soiled.