The Piezo Digital is an advanced multi‐functional high risk full replacement dynamic system that provides a highly effective solution to the prevention and management of pressure ulcers within any care environment. The system delivers alternating therapy to alleviate and avoid long term pressure, with a static feature providing the option of constant low pressure therapy. The Piezo Digital also offers innovative features such as seat inflation and max firm, with a lock out feature and both audible and visual alarms to reduce the risk of human error.
- Seat Inflation Mode: Increases the pressure equally across the entire mattress by 5 mmHg to deliver optimum support on sacrum area when in the Fowler position (sitting up), reducing the risk of “bottoming out”.
- Step-Down Feature: Adaptable cycle times provide an effective solution to assist patients during the ‘step down’ process, when the patient has started to improve and are at a lower risk.
- Max Firm Mode: Increases the pressure of the mattress to its full capacity, to provide a stable and firmer surface during repositioning, patient transfer and nursing procedures. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes.
- Static Mode: Equalises the pressure across the entire mattress to two thirds of its capacity, providing constant low pressure therapy to allow greater immersion into the mattress surface and provide optimum pressure redistribution.
- Alternating Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells to mimic natural sleep movement patterns and relieve pressure away from vulnerable areas, whilst also stimulating blood circulation.
- Dual Purpose Pump: Allows the pump to be applied to the APEX Dynamic Cushion, providing patients and clinicians with a 24 hour care package, whilst reducing the cost associated with the prevention and management of pressure ulcers.
- Multiple Alarms: provides a visual and audible warning when the system loses air pressure or requires a repair, decreasing the risk of a prolonged loss in adequate alternating therapy.
- 2 Way Stretch Vapour Permeable Cover: reduces patient shear and friction, in addition to providing an easy to clean waterproof layer of protection to reduce the chance of the foam being contaminated and soiled