The Duoturn is a castellated foam cushion, designed as the optimal solution for both patient comfort and pressure reduction. The cushion was developed to be used in all care environments and has been treated with Microban antimicrobial technology to provide an added layer of protection against Healthcare Associated Infections.
- 3” foam replacement: provides excellent pressure redistribution and contributes to an effective pressure ulcer prevention plan
- Microban Antimicrobial Technology: APEX has worked in partnership with Microban to incorporate their patented antimicrobial technology in the foam core and cover of the cushion at the point of manufacture. Microban prevents the growth of mould and mildew throughout the structure of the foam and kills up to 99.9% of harmful bacteria on the surface of the cover, including:
- E. Coli
- Staph. aureus
- Castellated Foam Structure: allows the cushion to easily contour to the shape of the body and increases patient comfort, whilst also providing air channels to help reduce the build-up of heat and moisture on the skin.
- 4 Way Turning Regime: The cushion can be flipped and manoeuvred to increase the longevity of the product and reduce the likelihood of the foam ‘bottoming out’.
- 2 way stretch vapour permeable cover: reduces patient shear and friction, in addition to providing an easy to clean waterproof layer of protection to reduce the chance of the foam being contaminated and soiled