The Domus Auto system combines automatic self-adjustment of cell pressure and Constant Low Pressure therapy to provide an advanced dynamic mattress to the UK healthcare market and is a full replacement high risk dynamic alternating mattress.
The system has been designed as an effective solution for the prevention and management of pressure ulcers, offering enhanced quality of care and reduced risks for caregivers.
The Domus Auto also offers innovative features such as seat inflation and max firm, with a lock out feature and both audible and visual alarms to reduce the risk of human error.
- Static Mode: Equalises the pressure across the entire mattress to two thirds of its capacity, providing constant low pressure therapy to allow greater immersion into the mattress surface and provide optimum pressure redistribution.
- Alternating Mode: Continuously and sequentially inflates and deflates air cells to mimic natural sleep movement patterns and relieve pressure away from vulnerable areas, whilst also stimulating blood circulation.
- Auto Adjustment: The proprietary pressure/body-weight algorithm enables automatic pressure adjustment in response to individual body mass distribution and patient movement.
- Seat Inflation Mode: Increases the pressure equally across the entire mattress by 5 mmHg to deliver optimum support on sacrum area when in the Fowler position (sitting up), reducing the risk of “bottoming out”.
- Max Firm Mode: Increases the pressure of the mattress to its full capacity, to provide a stable and firmer surface during repositioning, patient transfer and nursing procedures. The system will automatically revert back to alternating after 20 minutes.
- Panel Lock: Decreases the risk of people tampering with the pump’s settings.
- Multiple Alarms: Provides a visual and audible warning when the system loses air pressure, experiences power failure or requires a repair, decreasing the risk of a prolonged loss in adequate alternating therapy.
- 2 Way Stretch Vapour Permeable Cover: Reduces patient shear and friction, in addition to providing an easy to clean and waterproof layer of protection.